Jammu and Kashmir is a beautiful place which is worth visiting at least once in a lifetime. It has some of the most amazing places to visit such as Pahalgam, Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Saffron fields at Pampore etc. Here I will give you a list of top best places to visit in Jammu & Kashmir with your family:
- Jammu is the winter capital of the state and it’s located at an altitude of 1168 m.
- It has a population of more than 1 million people, which makes it one of the largest cities in J&K.
- Many tourists come here to visit temples such as Vaishno Devi Temple, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple, Guru Nanak Dev Ji (Bhai Gurdas) Temple, Hanumanji Temple etc.
List of 12 Best Places to Visit in Jammu & Kashmir
- Saffron fields at Pampore
- Betaab Valley in Pahalgam
- Manasbal Lake near Srinagar
- Vaishno Devi temple at Katra
- Basohli in Jammu and Kashmir
17 Surprising Ways Your Next Trip to Ladakh is More Refreshing than New Socks17 Surprising Ways Your Next Trip to Ladakh is More Refreshing than New Socks
1. Srinagar | Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family
Srinagar is a beautiful city in Jammu and Kashmir. It is built on the banks of the Jhelum River, which flows through this region. This city has many historic places to visit like Hazratbal Shrine and Dal Lake. The city also has many gardens and parks which provide great opportunities for relaxation after long walks or cycling tours around it.
Srinagar is the capital of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a beautiful city, which has been built on a plateau and surrounded by high mountains. The city has several lakes, gardens and temples to explore.
The old town area of Srinagar has been redeveloped over the years and now it’s home to many modern buildings like malls, hotels etc., which makes visiting this place even more interesting!
Top Sightseeing Attractions
- Mughal Gardens
- Tulip Gardens
- Hari Parbat Fort
- Pari Mahal
- Kahnqah Shah-i-Hamadan
- Hazratbal Shrine
- Shankaracharya Temple
- Kheer Bhawani Temple
Best Things to Do
- Take a shikhara ride on the Dal Lake
- Enjoy a houseboat stay on Dal & Nageen Lakes
- Visit the floating vegetable market on Dal Lake
2. Patnitop | Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family
Patnitop is a mountain resort in the Himalayas. Located in Jammu and Kashmir, it’s located at an altitude of 8,500 feet above sea level.
The resort offers skiing, trekking and adventure activities to its visitors. There are also hot springs that can be enjoyed during your stay here.
Top Sightseeing Attractions
- Bilo ki Powri
- Kud Park
- Shiva Ghar (almost 11 kilometers from Patnitop)
Popular Things to Do
- Enjoy a picnic at Kud Park
- Try paragliding & skiing at Madhatop (almost 5 kilometers from Patnitop)
Unique Places to Visit in Mumbai with Family or Friends Complete Guide | Truee DiaryUnique Places to Visit in Mumbai with Family or Friends Complete Guide | Truee Diary
3. Gulmarg | Popular Destinations in Jammu and Kashmir
If you are looking for a peaceful place to go, then Gulmarg is the right choice. It is a hill station located in Jammu and Kashmir state in India that offers scenic beauty and adventure sports activities.
Gulmarg is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Jammu and Kashmir, India. The climate here varies from subtropical to subarctic, with snowfall during winter months (December–February). The elevation ranges between 11000 feet above sea level and 16000 feet above sea level
Gulmarg is a hill station in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India. The town has an elevation of 2,611 metres (8,500 ft) above sea level with snow cover during winter months. It is located at a distance of about 18km from Srinagar in north-west Kashmir on the banks of River Pariksha and its tributary Bander River. The area around Gulmarg has been designated as an ecological zone under Project Tiger by Wildlife Institute of India (WII).
Top Sightseeing Attractions in Gulmarg
- St. Mary’s Church
- Baba Reshi Shrine
- Maharani Temple/Shiva Temple
Popular Things to Do in Gulmarg
- Play golf at the highest golf course in the world
- Enjoy a gongola cable car ride
- Go skiing at Shark Fin, the best skiing slope in Gulmarg
4. Sonamarg | Popular Destinations in Jammu and Kashmir
The Sonamarg is a beautiful place to visit. It is located in the Himalayas and is known for its beautiful landscape. The Valley of Flowers in Sonamarg has many orchards, apple and apricot trees as well as other fruits like grapes, peaches and pears. You can also enjoy your lunch here or take a stroll through the market during your stay at Sonamarg Hotel .
Best Historical Places To Visit In Delhi Complete Guide | Truee DiaryBest Historical Places To Visit In Delhi Complete Guide | Truee Diary
5. Pahalgam | Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family
Pahalgam is a hill station located in the Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir. This place is also known as “The City of Gods” because it has many temples that are dedicated to different Hindu deities.
This destination is popular amongst tourists because it offers spectacular views over its surroundings and has various tourist sites within its vicinity like Shivalik Hills, Pir Panjal Range, Dal Lake etc..
Pahalgam is a town in Anantnag district in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is located on the banks of Lidder River at an altitude of 2,050 metres (6,726 feet) above sea level. It is a popular hill station located near Srinagar city which has been bestowed with many awards for its scenic beauty and recreational activities like trekking and rock climbing.
Pahalgam was once home to several Buddhist monasteries including “Nyaung Oo’s monastery” where it was said that Buddha visited during his enlightenment days here under the Bodhi tree; however now there are no remains left except for some rock inscriptions found around this area of Pahalgam which tell us more about what once existed here centuries ago!
Top Sightseeing Attractions
- Aru Valley
- Betaab Valley
Best Things to Do
- Trout fishing
- Pony ride
- Enjoy a picnic
6. Saffron fields at Pampore | Pahalgam | Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family
Pampore is a town in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is famous for its saffron fields, which are located on the banks of the Jhelum River. The town has a population of around 80,000 people who live in an area that measures about 25 square kilometers (10 sq mi).
Pampore was founded by Raja Sajjal Shah during 1674 A.D., when he came to this region with his army after defeating Mirza Sahib who had been ruling here previously. He built a fort called Pampore Fort where he lived during those times before he died at age 104 years old in 1740 A.D.. Today this fort still stands tall with several temples inside it including one dedicated to Lord Shiva which dates back centuries ago!
7. Betaab Valley in Pahalgam
The Betaab Valley is a beautiful place which is worth visiting at least once in a lifetime. It is located in Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir. This place is known for its natural beauty and it has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in India.
It’s been said that people who have visited this place have left with an unforgettable experience. The valley was formed by glaciers over thousands of years, thus creating an extremely deep canyon with steep cliffs on both sides of it and several waterfalls along its length. The stream flowing through the valley is called “Betaab” itself which means “waterfall” or “river” in Hindi language!
8. Manasbal Lake near Srinagar | Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family
If you are looking for a beautiful place to visit, Mansbal Lake is a good option. Located at a distance of 13 km from Srinagar, this lake has become famous among tourists and locals alike due to its picturesque surroundings. It is also one of the most popular picnic spots in Kashmir due to its clean water and peaceful surroundings.
9. Vaishno Devi temple at Katra
The Vaishno Devi temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Goddess Vaishno Devi. It is located at a distance of around 30 km from Katra in Jammu and Kashmir. This temple has been built by Pandavas, who came to this place on their way back from heaven after killing Karna during Mahabharata war.
It was built by King Bhim Singh Thuniwar of Gajender King dynasty who ruled here around 1000 years ago before Muslim invasion into Kashmir valley.
Top Things to Do
- Seek blessing at Mata Vaishno Devi Temple
- Visit Ardhkuwari and Bhairo Temples
10. Basohli in Jammu and Kashmir | Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family
The Basohli is a town in the Jammu region of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is about 25 km from Jammu city and is famous for its palaces, temples, and havelis.
Basohli was once known as Bhurbarahad which means “the land of bhurbs”. The name was changed to Basohli because there were many zamindars who owned lands in this area.
Top Things to Do
- Places to see, Nature and Parks
- ways to wander
- and signature experiences.
Jammu and Kashmir is a Beautiful Place Which is Worth Visiting At least Once in a Lifetime
Jammu and Kashmir is a beautiful place which is worth visiting at least once in a lifetime. The state has many places to visit, where you can explore the nature and experience the beauty of this land.
There are many places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir like:
- The most prominent tourist destination of the state is Srinagar which has been mentioned as one of Asia’s most beautiful cities by Time magazine. This city offers its visitors an opportunity to enjoy different types of food as well as shopping opportunities. You can also visit some historical places like Jama Masjid which was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1648 AD, or Hazratbal Shrine where Pandits used to perform their religious rituals during ancient times before 1947!
Jammu, Srinagar and Gulmarg are the best places to visit in J&K. If you are travelling with your family then Jammu is a must-visit place. It has many religious places like Hazratbal Shrine, Peerless Mosque and Chinar Bagh which will leave you awestruck.
Pahalgam is another beautiful mountain top temple that is located at a distance of 30 km from here and offers breathtaking views of snow covered peaks.
So, I hope that you have found the above list of Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir With Your Family interesting. We are sure there are many more places to visit in this beautiful state, so please do explore them. Don’t forget to leave your comments below about what you liked and disliked about our list!
1. How many days are enough to visit Kashmir?
As per my personal experience 7 days are enough for visit Srinagar, Gulmarg, pahalgam, Sonmarg, Yousmarg, Dudhganga. A week would be perfect if you want to absorb and keep memories in head of Srinagar.
2. What is the best time to visit Jammu and Kashmir?
March to June it is the best time to visit Kashmir because the climate is ideal for sightseeing; it is neither too hot nor too cold.
3. How much does it cost to travel to Jammu and Kashmir?
How much money will you need for your trip to Jammu and Kashmir? You should plan to spend around ₨1,971 ($25) per day on your vacation in Jammu and Kashmir, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.